Celebrate the Night with Friends
Servings: 4 peoplePrep Time: 15 minTotal Time: 15 min
• 1 jar (20 ounce) Luengo Chickpeas, Rinsed & Dried• 3T Fried Rosemary• All the Moorish Rub
• Heat the Canola Oil in a tall pot to 350F. Have a tray lined with Paper Towels and a Fry Skimmer.• Make sure the chickpeas are very dry before dropping into the hot oil.• Once the oil is 350F, carefully drop half the chickpeas into the oil. Immediately put a lid over the oil, leaving a small gap to allow the heat & moisture to escape.• The chickpeas will begin popping . Be super careful at this point as the oil will explode out of the pot.• After about 4 minutes of oil popping, the chickpeas will begin to settle and begin to become crispy.• Allow the chickpeas to fry for a minimum of 8 minutes.• After 8 minutes, test a chickpea for crispiness. When eating, if there is any soft texture within the chickpea, continue to fry until they are crunchy all the way through. If there is any soft texture, the chickpeas will lose its crunchiness once it is out of the fryer and sits for a bit.• Remove from the fryer and toss in the Moorish Dry Rub. Allow to cool on a paper lined tray.• Repeat the process.• Once all the chickpeas are cooked & crispy, clean the oil with a fine strainer.• Bring the oil back to 350F and add the Rosemary.• Cook the Rosemary until it is crispy and no more moister in the herb, about 2 minutes. Be careful not to over fry it as it will become bitter.• Remove from the fryer and place on a paper lined tray.• Once the Rosemary is cool, gently crush between fingers and mix with the crispy Chickpeas.• Store in a cool dry place.
Note: Store in a cool, dry place. Avoid an area with any moisture. Store in an air tight container with desiccant packs. These are best when done daily.
Chickpea Shopping List
• Luengo Cooked Chickpeas• Rosemary• Canola Oil
• 2t Pimenton Dulce/Smoked Paprika• 1/8th t. Garlic Powder• .25t Cumin, Ground• .25t Distilled Vinegar Powder• .25t Kosher Salt
Dry Rub Directions
• Mix everything together and set aside or place into a container until ready to use.
Dry Rub Shopping List
• La Chinata Smoked Sweet• Paprika-Pimenton Dulce• Garlic Powder• Cumin Powder• Distilled Vinegar Powder• Kosher Salt
Enter to win a trip for two to Ribera y Rueda, Spain’s most prestigious wine regions in 2024! Here’s your chance to experience the best bodegas (wineries), tour with winemakers and taste amazing wines while taking in historical sites. Stay in luxurious accommodations, partake in late lunches and tapas crawls.